Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Family

Well, my brother and SIL have been going to appointments and playing a waiting game in between them for the last couple of weeks. I can't even write the whole story since it is making me cry. The doctor found a heart problem in the baby. They don't know why or where this problem comes from but it happens in about 1/100 pregnancies. The baby would have to have 2 surgeries within the first six months and then another one and the survival rates are not high at all. They are doing abortion tomorrow. I am hoping for a fast recovery for her! And after 2-3 cycles they can start TTC again. They got KU on their first try, so hopefully it'll happen again really soon.
We went together to a synagogue on Saturday and spent a lot of time with them during the last week.

I felt horrible, sad, depressed, and low. I started thinking that I wasn't always nice towards her. It was hard for me at times to see her since we were trying for a while and it happened so fast for them. Sometimes, I didn't want to come over for diner to my parent's house, knowing that they would be there and everyone would just talk being KU and I just wanted to get as far away from those conversations as possible. But I never, ever, ever wished anything bad for her. She is family. Plus, I don't think anyone can wish for someone to go through what they are going.

I am thinking of them everyday. They know the whole family is there to support them during this time. I am wishing and hoping for their fast recovery!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment