Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Updates

I've been pretty busy at work and too tired in the evenings to update my blog.
So, here are my updates for the last week:
I saw my new doctor last week, filled a lot of paperwork, and left with my head exploding from the amount of information. When she finished talking, I just had to ask "so what do I do first?" Here is the order: u/s to measure the baby, bloodwork, meet with the doctor again after 4-5 weeks, and I also already got an order for first trimester screening.

Today, I went to get my first u/s done. I came in early and was finishing my second bottle of water as they asked. The technician couldn't see anything at first, so I had to empty my bladder and she tried again. I could finally see a little bean on the screen but I couldn't hear the hearbeat. She told me I was measuring 5w5d. I asked couple of times if it is possible to hear for me to hear the h/b, but she already turned off the machine. She asked me if I saw the white wave line at the bottom of the machine and I said yes. But at that point I wasn't even sure what I was looking at. Apparently, that was the h/b. Thanks for letting me know!!! My doctor called me within an hour and told me that I was measuring right on track with my FF chart, which is 6w1d.

Also today, I had my first "m/s". I woke up during the night and I felt nausious, but I was able to fall asleep. In the morning though, when I was brushing my teeth I knew it was coming and ta da. I definitely felt a lot better for the next couple of hours until the next wave of nausea hit me. That is how I spent my morning and afternoon at work. Fun times! But it is all worth it at the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment