Thursday, March 5, 2009

Details

As promised, I am going to write all of the juicy details. This is going to be long.
It all started on Monday morning. I decided to test at 12DPO, so I did my deed and went to take a shower, leaving the $ test on the faucet. I was praying that I would see at least a faint line on the test. I kept opening the shower door and peeking at the test and finally I saw something. That something was a very, very faint line on the test. At that point, I just wanted to finish taking a shower and to look at the test from all of the angles, just to make sure I wasn't imagining it.
I wasn't convinced by the first faint line, so at lunch time I went to Walgreens
and got two more tests. I peed on both of them (why pee on just one when I got two!). As I was walking back, I kept checking the test in my brown bag. Couple of minutes later, the word PREGNANT popped up on the screen on one of the test and a faint line showed up on another. I was over the moon. I coudln't scream or dance since I was on the street. I didn't want to tell DH over the phone, so I decided to wait till he gets home and surprise him.The rest of the workday, I was peeking at the tests in my brown bag just to see again that wonderful and beautiful word.
I never thought I am going to tell DH, but a thought popped up in my head. When DH proposed to me, he was wearing a T-shirt that said "Will you marry me?" He handed me a Sharpie to circle Yes or No. So, I thought we could keep the tradition going with our surprises. I stopped at Target after work and got a set of babysuits and in the same mall I got them personalized. The onesie said "Will you be my Daddy?".
I prepared a gift bag and left it in the living room. Here is what was inside the bag:)




I felt like those hours that I was waiting for DH were the longest hours ever. He finally got home and I said I had a little gift for him to cheer him up. He opened it and was speechless for a minute and then he looked at me and smiled. We both had tears in our eyes. It definitely didn't sink in yet. But we are cautiously excited. ~Stick baby stick~

2 comments:

  1. congrats!! Did I miss your post on gp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet, that almost made me tear up a bit! How awesome :)

    ReplyDelete