Friday, February 27, 2009

Update on HSG

I've been calling some hospitals and clinics to see if they do HSG and to get an idea of the average price for the test. Couple of phone calls later, I realized that all of the hospitals charge about the same price - $1,500-$3500, depending on how much of the iodine they would be using. At the end, I found one clinic 30 minutes away from my house that does the test for only $760 without insurance. I had to ask the lady couple of times if I heard the price correctly. DH and I decided that/if AF shows, then I'll do the HSG in March.
What a reality check? I have to admit I never thought of actually getting this test done. For some reason, I was soooo sure that a miracle would happen and I would get my BFP before any further testing. I am not afraid of pain. I am afraid of the unknown. I am afraid that there will be something wrong with me and I will need to do even more testing. I am trying to stay calm and not to think about it for couple of more weeks. My motto for now is "we'll cross that bridge when we come to it."

No comments:

Post a Comment