Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Insurance Vent

So, yesterday I finally had a chance to email my insurance company and ask if they'll cover HSG procedure. After an hour of being on the phone with the hospital and getting the billing code, I get an answer from the insurance company. And guess what? With my luck, HSG is not covered. I would have to pay for it out of the pocket. Oh, and to make things even "better", HSG cost went up since January 2009. Now, instead of $2,500 it costs $3,500 just for the procedure not including the doctor's labor. I can't say that I am pissed off, I guess I am just disappointed. I mean, people pay so much money for health insurance monthly and yet it doesn't cover everything. I am not in a rush to do the test. We wanted to wait couple of more months. But now, I don't even know when/if I'll do it. Maybe, just maybe, we'll get our BFP and I won't have to do that scary test. Keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment