Monday, August 10, 2009

What People Say

So, last Friday after work I stopped by at Nordstrom to get my foundation and eye liner. I've had the same sales person help me at the Laura Mercier counter that has been helping me for the last couple of years. She gives me the bag with my goodies and just stared at me and at my bump. I started smiling.
Lady: "You are pregnant?!?!?"
Mrs. V: "Yes, I am."
Lady: "No, you are so young!"
Mrs. V ...stares blankly at her...
Lady: "You look 12"

Mrs. V ...shocked face, giggling..."Well, that might be a problem if everyone thinks as you are" :)

I smiled and walked away. Seriously, I am not sure it is a compliment. She thinks this young girl (me)keeps buying a very expensive make up for herself. Where are her parents and why are they allowing her to use make up? And now she thought this teenager got herself pregnant. I can just hear her think..."of course, I was right. Poor thing, her parents don't care about her"...

1 comment: