Monday, August 17, 2009

Test Results

Last Thursday (at 27w1d) I had a day off and decided to do the glucose test since I was up early anyways. I went straight into the lab, drank the stuff that reminded me of orange flavor Gatorade, and made myself comfortable for an hour. The drink wasn't that bad actually. It did taste like it had a lot of sugar and concentrate in it. I usually don't even drink those kind of drinks. After an hour, they poked me twice. Apparently, they were also testing me for anemia.

On Friday, I called to find out the results. My sugar levels are normal. Yeay! I don't have to do the three hour test! But I have a mild case of anemia. The nurse explained that I have to take extra iron daily. She also said that it is pretty common during pregnancy, since the blood flow increases by 50% and the body doesn't have enough red blood cells. I picked up the Slow Fe (recommended by my doctor) and took the first supplement today. We'll see how I feel after it. It does say on the box that it can cause some constipation. Seriously, like I need anymore?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment