Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Appointment Update

I had my monthly appointment last Thursday. As usual they took my urine sample, blood pressure, and asked me to step on a scale. I couldn't believe how much weight I've gained. The appointment was in the second half of the day, so of course I had a pretty big lunch before and a snack. The scales showed 148lbs...blank stare....still shocked...calculating that it is 24 pounds from the pre-pregnancy weight...shocked.

The doctor came in later and found Miss A's heartbeat (that sound never gets too old) and asked me if I have any concerns. I told her that my weight was my biggest concern, especially at that moment. I forgot all of the questions that I wanted to ask her after I saw the lbs number. She reassured me that I am right on track and that the baby is gaining a lot of weight between 18-28 weeks and also my body gets a lot more blood circulation with every week, so that is where partial weight is. I felt a little better to hear that I was on track. Some days I feel like I've gained too much for being 6 months pregnant. I look at people who hardly gained any weight and feel sad. Some days I feel unattractive and fat. But everyday I feel blessed that we are on the greatest journey of a lives. Just know this Miss A, I can get sad right now at my weight gain and other random stuff, but I at the end I'll do anything for you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment