Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tick Tock

Ariela turned 2 months a few days ago. It feels like she has been part of my life for a much longer period than 2 months. I can't even picture my life without her now. We are going for her 2 month appointment next week. She'll be getting a few more shots, hopefully, she'll just cry for couple of seconds like last time. I am curious to see how much she weights right now and how tall she is. I think she is about 12 pounds right now, although sometimes she feels much heavier (also sometimes she pees a few times into her diaper before I can change it and that big heavy diaper makes her weight even more).

For the last week she hasn't been eating that much. I should probably correct myself. She'll eat about 3oz and then she'll stop and wouldn't take the bottle anymore. She'll start to turn her head right and left and sometimes she would start crying if I push her to eat more. It is like she is saying "mom, can't you understand? I am full". But being a mother who spends her time googling things about eating and new development for each week/month, I am trying to make her eat a little more. I read that at 2 months, babies should be eating between 4-6oz. So, now we have a deal with her. She'll eat her 3oz, I'll burp her and sometimes I'll change her so she wouldn't fall asleep, and then I'll feed her another 1-2 oz. And it works! You live, you learn. She'll finish the rest of her feeding. Yes, it does take about 40 minutes now for each feeding but at least I know she is getting the right amount of milk/formula.

And now for the updates:
-Ariela's favorite songs are "Ot ulibki" and "Kapitan" (we talk and sing to her in Russian). Both songs have the words ulibki (smiles) in them and she always smiles when we sings those songs.
-she makes the cutest sounds like "ga", "gu", "a".
-she smiles every time she wakes up and sees us.
-she recognizes her grandparents and smiles at them.
-Ariela still doesn't like her tummy time that much, she'll only last 3-4 minutes
-she started to fall asleep on her own. I swaddle her and put her in her crib, give her a paci and sometimes she falls asleep all by herself.
-she'll cry if she can't fall asleep.
-Ariela started to hold on to things with her tiny little fingers
-she is more alert and more active during the day, although she likes to nap every 2-3 hours.
-it takes her about 30 minutes to be fully awake in the morning. She'll wake up, then fall back asleep for couple of minutes and that will continue for about half an hour (she totally got that from me, or should I say from pre-baby me).

No comments:

Post a Comment