Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Things to Remember

I realize that I don't have time to blog often and I am way behind on updating all of the facts and other random things that I don't want to forget. So here it goes:

1. Ariela's appetite is increasing with every week. First month she could only eat 2 oz at each feeding and now she eats between 3-4oz. We are still substituting with formula since I don't have enough milk. So for now she is been getting 50/50. I was at first mad and disappointed at myself that I don't have enough milk for my baby girl since all of the vitamins that she needs are in it, but then I realized that there is nothing I can do about it. We picked a really good formula that has a lot of the stuff that she needs.
2. Ariela's umbilical cord stump fell of on the 13th day, just like the doctor said (within first 2 weeks).
3. Ariela had her first bath at two weeks. And now we are bathing her every other day. She cried the first couple of times but now she seems to enjoy it. We talk and sing to her while she is in the tub. She probably thinks her parents are already sooo weird.
4. During the third week, my parents had to leave to Israel and we had to babysit Mickey. Well, it wasn't easy taking care of a dog and a newborn, especially when Mickey would start barking and Ariela would start crying at the same time. But during those 10 days, Ariela was making noises like a puppy, saying "af, af, af, af". It was adorable. I've noticed that she stopped right after my parents picked up Mickey.
5. I caught Ariela's first smile on 12/04/09. It melted my heart. Of course by the time I got my camera to capture her beautiful smile, our lady wasn't in a mood anymore. Now, she is smiling more often. Usually, we can get a few smiles when we sing to her and in the morning when she wakes up.
6. Ariela loves her changing table. She'll usually stop crying when we put her on the changing pad and will start looking around at us and at her surroundings. She also loves being without a diaper on, but that can only last for a little while, since we don't want any "accidents" :).
7. Speaking of a little "accidents", Ariela officially pooped and peed on me.
She pooped while I was wiping her butt. I guess she wasn't done with her business :)
And she peed on me when we were at the doctor's office for her one month check up appointment and shots.
8. Ariela and I went together to her doctor's visits three times already (just us girls). Every time in a way it gets easier. First, I dress myself and put a little make up to look decent in public. Then I change and dress Ariela, put her in a car seat, grab the diaper bag, and off we go.
9. Ariela had her first shot at 5 weeks (little late for one months appointment). I was holding her while the doctor sticked the needle. I decided not to look since it freaked me out that my baby will be poked with that big needle. I wish I could take that pain for her. She cried for 5 seconds and then calmed down. I was expecting her crying all the way to the house :)
10. Today, I put her on her stomach for a little tummy time. She was holding her head (she is been great at holding her head from the hospital) at 45 degrees angle and looking at me. Then she turned her head and then the rest of her body and she was on her back! I couldn't believe that she turned all by herself. She did it twice in a row and decided that it was enough (couldn't capture it on camera).

This is it for now. I am sure I'll think of more stuff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment