Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Weekend Updates

Our long weekend was gone before we even knew it. I didn't get to cleaning and laundry at all. These chores will have to wait till next weekend.

DH and I went to my friend's birthday party on Sunday. My friend turned 30 years old and she decided to have a party at where else, but of course at the Russian restaurant. They had a lot of guests. Some of those people I haven't seen for almost a year. Two of my friends saw me sipping water all evening long and decided to ask. So, couple of hours into the party a few people already knew about our baby and the news started spreading around. It was weird to see some of the first reactions. I got upset at one point when one of the girls was talking to me and started telling me what happened to her during her pregnancy and how she doesn't even want kids now after spending a semester in pediatric care. DH tried to calm me down a bit after that talk saying that the girl always speaks what is on her mind without thinking/filtering what she says. He is probably right, but still.....
I danced to a few songs but mostly I spent the evening socializing with the old crew.

On Monday, we went to DH's father's bday party. Since they live about 45 minutes away, we pretty much spend the whole day at their house. That is probably the reason I didn't get anything done, since I procrastinated in the beginning of the weekend.

I think I'll have to go shopping soon. It is getting harder and harder to put on my regular clothes even with the Bella Band. Mr. V should understand, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment