Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Family Knows

So, we finally decided to tell our bothers and their wives about our news.
First we told Mr.V's side on Saturday. There was a pause for a few seconds after we told them and then they started asking all sort of questions. Then on Sunday, we told my brother and his wife. I actually got teary when they were congratulating us. My SIL, who is been through a lot lately, gave me a warm hug and whispered in my ear that everything will be fine. She offered to go on the walks with me and was also asking questions about everything.

To be honest, I kind of expected a different reaction from Mr. V's side. It felt like his SIL was thinking about our news over and over in her head. Their son was born in November and if our due date doesn't change then their bdays will be very close to each other. She is that kind of person who wants her family to have all of the attention. Maybe she thinks that the younger baby will still all of it? Who knows?

On a different note, I've been having some sudden pains on my lower abdomen. It is not too painful but uncomfortable. After three days I decided to call the doctor. The nurse wanted me to come in since it was the best way to check if everything is fine. I took a late lunch today and stopped by at their office. She did the pelvic exam and after a minute of found the heartbeat. I love that sound. I wish I could hear it more often, but Mr.V didn't want me to buy a doppler. Anyways, the nurse said everything was fine and it could be just the stretching pain. But just in case I had to pee in a cup to see if I don't have any bladder infections, which hopefully, I don't. After the nurse left, I decided to weight myself, since we don't have the scales at home. And I haven't gained any weight since the last appointment. Yeay!!! But it still feels like I gained a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment