Monday, January 19, 2009

The Weekend!

I thought my three day weekend would never come. It is so hard to work for five days in a row after the holidays (I know I am being spoiled). But the weekend finally came and I had a blast.
Friday:
One of my close girlfriends is leaving to UK for 4 months to study abroad. So, we spent the whole day together. Our breakfast with two mimosas was followed by a frozen yogurt, some shopping, and a movie (Bride Wars), oh and frozen yogurt again for me. After the movie and some more shopping, I told her that I wanted to stop by at the restaurant where Mr. V was with his friend. Little did she know, that it was actully her going away surprise party!!! I wish I had a camera to take a picture of her face when she saw 20 familiar faces all staring at her and yelling SURPRISE!!! It was priceless. I'll miss you D very, very much!
Saturday:
Mr. V, BIL, SIL, and I went ice-skating. I forgot the last time I had to put the skates on. After a couple of minutes of my legs going different ways and one circle of not letting go of the rail, I finally felt more comfortable on ice. DH is a much better skater then I am and of course he had to show off :) We skated together but the only thing that was going through my mind was famous words from Titanic, "don't you let go, don't you ever let go". After couple of falls later, we grabbed some yummy Indian food and watched Defiance in a theater. It is definitely a hard movie to watch. It would be third on the list of difficult movies after Shiendler's List and Anne Frank's diaries.
Sunday: Mr. V and I cleaned the house. DH's friends came over for diner. Thanks, friends, for leaving so late and not letting me to get my beauty sleep.
I hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. My dear....

    I miss you so much.

    I can't believe I was mentioned in your blog! I am honored...

    Now I just have to get you to name your kid Italy. :)

    Love you.

    Dani

    ReplyDelete