Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy 3rd Birthday!

My darling, my love, my friend!

You turned three years old on 11/16. How in the world did it happen? Yes, I know every year we get  older but has it really been a year? The days pass us by in a blink of an eye.

The night of your birthday I stayed up late and watched the videos with your daddy from the night you were born. I cried, laughed, and was just amazed of how we got the best present we could ever hope for. I still remember the night you were born but some details are blurry. Those videos made me re-live the night we became your parents. The night that we waited for so long. The night that changed our lives completely.

Ahh...I am getting emotional again, just wiped the tears.

When you woke up we wished you a Happy Birthday. You found balloons and presents in the living room. As always, you weren't too fascinated by gifts but the whole process of opening them up was fun. You went to daycare and celebrated your bday with your friends. Your daddy and I picked you up earlier and were hoping to take you downtown for a ice skating show and tree lightning ceremony with Disney characters. But Mother Nature had different plans. It was raining hard and we had to change the plans. We asked you what you wanted to do and you said  you wanted to go to get cake and then go to a "susi restaurant" where we celebrated my birthday. Your wish was our command. We drove to the bakery where we got different little cakes and ordered a big one for your upcoming party.





Then, off we went to a restaurant. We drove around for 15 minutes until we found parking. Your gpa and gma were supposed to show up but at the end they didn't. You were crushed and kept asking why they didnt' come (it is a whole different story).

We had a very yummy dinner. You got your usual salmon teriyaki, miso soup, and you even tried some of our sushi. We took some pics in the restaurant and wished you Happy Birthday again.


At home, we finally lit the candles and enjoyed the goods from the bakery.

Your father and I thought long and hard what to do for your bday. Finally, we agreed that you would really enjoy a gymnastic class with all of your (and our) friends. We invited all of your besties from daycare and some of our friends' kids came too. A total of 18 kids and about 30 adults showed up to celebrate.
This is a party you just can't skip
It's gymnastics and you are going to flip
We'll jump, roll and hop
The fun will never stop!
Ariela's 3rd birthday will be great
Please join us to celebrate!
 

You had such a great time! You absolutely loved your party! You got a chance to do you favorite thing (gymnastics) with a bunch of your friends. What could be better than that? At the end, all of your guests could go on a boat with the slide. Since you are already a master at climbing that boat and your friends couldn't follow you, you stayed and helped them one by one to get on that boat. It really showed your carrying personality.



After all the fun, we ate and enjoyed the cake. You danced a little to your favorite tunes "Gummy Bear" and it was time to wrap up the party.

Our house looked like Toys R Us store for a while. I am sure all other kids would open their gifts right away and not let them just stand there. Your unwrapped all of them but only a few caught your attention. You amaze me. No, you really do. I still can't comprehend it all. We were taking some toys to the car and finally you asked where we are taking them. We told you we were going to exchange them for more interesting and educational stuff. I was waiting for a protest to start from your side but you just turned and asked "what can I carry?" You had no problem returning/exchanging your toys. You kept some puzzles and other educational gifts but you said you don't need the Cinderella with the carriage (seriously, I think other girls would flip over it), don't need the karaoke machine, don't need and won't play with other stuff.

I tell you I love you everyday. I am not sure if it is possible but my love still grows everyday.
Sometimes I just sit and look at you and can't believe you are our daughter. I can't believe that you are truly ours. It is hard to explain all of my feelings but just know I love you to infinity and beyond!

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment