Wednesday, March 7, 2012

But Those Are My Words

Lately, my little sunshine has been talking non-stop. It is fun to hear to express herself with words, although every now and then I have to guess what she said. I think she gets a little bit annoyed or just thinks her my is dumb. Relatives and strangers don't even try to understand her. They just look at me for translation.

But anyways, here are a few phrases I've heard in the last few weeks that sounded familiar.

"Mom, shhhh! Daddy is talking on the phone" (Mom, shhh! Papa razgovarivaet) - miss A told me as I was asking her a question and daddy was talking on the phone.

"Mom, don't sing. I sing" (Mom, ne poi! Ya poi) - as soon as I open my mouth to sing a song that she knows, she stops me and wants to sing by herself

"Mom, shhh! Daddy is sleeping" (Mom, shhh! Papa spit) - I've heard this one a few times already, as I sit by her crib and talk to her before she doses off to sleep or if I wake up with her in the morning and daddy is still sleeping.

You know why those phrases sound familiar? Because I've said them a few  multiple times before.
I can't believe she is using my words against me! :) At least I don't swear in front of her. Although, the husband and I heard a few times a word "fuck" coming out of her mouth. It went something like that "fuck....pause....fuck, fuck, fuck. The husband and I just starred at each other. I am pretty sure  we both blamed each other for her increasing vocabulary (at least I did).

No comments:

Post a Comment