Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What's for Diner?

Miss A has been trying new things every few days for the past 2 weeks. She hasn't tried that many veggies/fruits but I already can say that she is just like me. When I was little my parents struggled with feeding times. As for Miss A, here is what she tried and her reaction:
1. Rice cereal - tried for the first time at 5.5 months (May 1). She loved the idea of eating out of a spoon, but she wasn't fond of a cereal. We tried with a few spoons thinking she just has to get used to it. The next few weeks up until now, she eats about 5 baby spoons and then starts turning her head whenever she sees me bringing the spoon to her mouth. Oh, and she also locks her lips, so nothing will get into her mouth. I laugh everytime she does it!
2. Apple - again tried a little bit and is not a big fan.
3. Bread - now she doesn't really it but we give her the hard part and munches on it and I think it is helping her with teathing. She loves bread!!! If she sees me taking out the bread, she starts making sounds and shaking a little bit, and also tries to reach it.
4. Avocado - tried a few days ago and didn't really like it.
5. Sweet potato - my Mom cooked her the sweet potato on Sunday. Again, tried few spoons and would lock her mouth.

She gets excited when she sees her bottle. But I keep telling her that she can't be eating breastmilk/formula until retirement. We'll keep on trying with new veggies/fruits, hopefully we'll find something she'll like.

No comments:

Post a Comment