Thursday, May 20, 2010

Confessions

So, I just had a little reality check. I named my blog Confessions of Mrs.V but I never confess anything. So here it goes:

1. I am tired. I returned to work 3.5 months ago and I don't know how longer I can keep up with my schedule.
2. #1 leads me to this. I need a vacation. But if we go somewhere with Miss A. then it wouldn't be really a vacation. And I would probably get even more tired by organizing, planning, packing, and unpacking. Plus, going on a vacation with the breastpump, bottles and drying rack.....I don't think so!
3. Sometimes I feel like a single parent. Mr. V comes home, eats diner, and sits on the couch, while I have to take care of Miss A, wash bottles for next day, prepare lunches and so on. Don't I get a break too? I wish I could come home and just chill on the couch. Why don't I have that option?
4. I don't like my body. I know it could be worse but I really want my skinny, flat stomach, cute arse body back. I've lost almost all of the pregnancy wait, still have about 5 pounds (maybe less since breastmilk also counts as addition to my pounds). But, and this is a big but, my body doesn't nearly look the same. My stomach is all jingly and even if I can fit into my old pants/jeans, I have a freaking muffin top that doesn't let me wear any of my tops.
5. I'd like to work part time. I wish I could spend more time with Miss A. and enjoy this stage in our life. And in reality I probably could. I think we would make it financially, but I wouldn't be able to do my job part time and I can't work from home. Right now is not even a right time to look for another job that could meet my needs and wants. So, I am stuck. There are days when I catch myself thinking "I'll just pack my stuff, turn off the computer and wave buh-bye to my boss".
6. I need more time for myself. I am still a girl after all who wants to get her hair and nails done on a regular basis. But every time I try to do somehting for myself I feel guilty. I feel like I am a bad mother who'd rather go to a salon on the weekend then spend time with my baby girl.
7. I need more sleep! Lately, I've been sleeping about 4-5.5 hours at night with interruptions. I've become forgetful and unfocused.

That is it for now. I am sure I'll think of more stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment