Monday, March 22, 2010

Pumping

Pumping at work is tough. I get to carry my pump to/from work everyday, set up the pump for each pumping session, pack the pump, and then wash the bottles. And I get to do that 2-3 times per day at work? I am just that lucky :)

I am lucky to have an "available" office at work. Lately it is been occupied by out of town business people, so I get to go downstairs and share that office with another girl who is also pumping at work. That girl takes her time though and takes about 45 minutes for each session. One day, I went downstairs three times thinking she was done using the room, but nope she was still in it.

I know I complaining, but I still do it because I want the best for my girl. My plan was to make it till 4 months. And I can proudly say that I made that goal. Now I think I want to make it till 8 months.

My milk supply increased since I started eating and pumping at work more regularly. At home it wasn't always the case. So, as of two months ago Miss A has been getting the BM only. Speaking of BM only, I was sitting at work the other day and thinking about how it is nice to know that finally I have enough milk for Miss A and we don't have to supplement, when it hit me that she is not getting vitamin D for the last month. Only formula has enough vitamin D. I felt horrible and ran to Target to pick up some Trivisol drops for Miss A.

I don't like pumping. Here I said it. For some reason it doesn't make me feel like a woman, more like an animal I would say. I don't like pumping at home in front of Mr. V thinking that he won't look at me like he used to when we were still in a honeymoon stage. I do it because I have to. I do it because I want Miss A to be healthy. I do it because otherwise I would feel guilty. Everytime, I gave formula to Miss A for a feeding before bed (since babies digest it longer) I felt horrible because I had some extra BM in the fridge that she could "eat". And speaking of pumping, I have to go and pump now.

No comments:

Post a Comment