Monday, September 21, 2009

My Hero!

Yes, Mr. V, this will be about you.
On Friday after work, I was on the way to pick up my mom for some grocery shopping and during the whole ride all I could think about was the Godiva chocolate drink that I've had a long, long time ago. So, I picked up my mom and told her that we have to stop by at the Godiva store to satisfy my first craving (I really didn't crave anything before, so that was something new and something I just had to have).
I walk in to the store, look at all of the delicious candies, but I still want the chocolate raspberry drink.
Mrs. V: "Do you still carry the Chocolate Raspberry drink?"
Sales girl: "Yes!...pause... but we are all out of cups."
Mrs.V: "No cups at all?" I started looking behind the register thinking I could spot one cup that was somehow lost from her sight and only I could find it. I was crushed since this was my first craving. I tried satisfying it with the chocolate raspberry truffle that I usually get but that just didn't hit the spot.

Mr. V called me when I was going back home with the groceries and I told him about my craving and how it was ironic that the first time I really wanted something I coudln't have. Anyway, I get home, kind of forget about the drink and wait for Mr. V to get home to have diner.

He gets home 45 minutes later (even though he said he was 10 minutes away from our house when I talked to him on the phone). I was in the kitchen heating up diner for us. He said he had something for me and walked with me to the living room. And what do I see on the table?????


I couldn't believe my eyes! So, I grabbed couple bites of my diner and relaxed on the couch with the best drink ever! Thanks Mr. V for being so understanding and thoughtful!

No comments:

Post a Comment