Friday, September 18, 2009

Doctor's Appointment

I had my bi-weekly appointment with the doc yesterday. The nurse as always took my blood pressure, asked for a urine sample, and also asked me to step on a scale. Now, I was mentally preparing myself all morning that the number that I will see will not make me happy. Plus I was behaving myself at work. Co-workers brought donut wholes and cookies in the morning and I only had one little donut whole thinking that I just added one more pound to the cruel scales. So, I take my shoes off and step on a scale. A moment of quietness.....I see 147lbs..... Um, how much did I weight at last appointment? The nurse looked at my folder and said 154 lbs. Well, how is it possible that I've lost 7 lbs in two weeks? So not possible!!! She informed that scales are different in all offices and that is why it is hard to tell how much I really gained. Well, I come back to work, thinking about those 147lbs and also thinking that I am OK in the weight department, I stuffed myself with two more donut wholes and a cookie :)

The doctor asked me if we attended the Birth Class and I said that we bought the DVD instead and will watch it before next appointment. I don't think I blogged about the classes she recommended. If you sign up for two classes you get a package deal that costs $400. I know we live in Bay Area and things are way too pricey, but I'd rather spend $45 on the DVD that will cover the Birth Class and hopefully we can live without the Taking Care of a Newborn class. We thought we could put that $400 to a better use, let's say a stroller!

So, now I've got homework to do before next appointment. I also have to decide on my leave and talk to my employer.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment