Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Finally!

So, I've been playing a waiting game for the last couple of weeks. My blood tests showed that I was a carrier of a common disease that a lot of Jewish people have. The doctor explained that if only one parent is a carrier then we have nothing to worry about. Since Mr. V also has some Jewish blood in him, he would have to do the test as well. Poor guy, he doesn't really like doing the blood tests but it was just something that had to be done either he likes it or not. I've been waiting for the results for a week and a half. I've called the doctor's office today again and later on she left me a message that Mr. V tested negative. Wooohooo!!!!! It was so good to hear those words.

We also had our NT scan yesterday. I had a blood test done in advance so that our preliminary results would be ready on the day of the NT scan. The u/s went great. It was the first time Mr. V saw our little baby. DH and I kept smiling the whole time while the u/s tech was doing the measurements. We actually had a Russian speaking lady doing the u/s and she was great at explaining what we were looking at and what her measurements were for. The baby was very cooperative. He/she was not moving much, just at certain times moving his/her arms and legs. It still feels so surreal that I have a baby inside of me. We got a CD with pics. I think the baby has more pics lately then me. But I figured that is how it will be from now on :)
We got our preliminary test results and the nurse said they were great. I just have to do another blood test in couple of weeks and then they will have our final results.

I will have to tell my boss soon, but I'll probably wait until I come back from vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment