Tuesday, October 23, 2012

We Have a Dog in our House

My parents just moved a few days ago to a new condo and Mickey is now living in out house.
I know he was originally my gift 10 years ago but he's been living with my parents for all those years and now they couldn't take him with them (and they didn't want to take him).

I am sure I'll get some rolling eyes and a lot of judgement from people because we are currently looking for a new home for him. It breaks my  heart to think how after all these years he'll be living with some one else but my brain understands it will be for the best. We don't have a lot of time on our hands to care for him. For the last few days I've been getting up 40 minutes earlier to drive to a little pet area to walk him, since there is no where for him to do his business. The pet playground is about 5 minutes drive but Mickey is not very impressed by it and has been waiting at the gate one minute after we get there. Ohh and yesterday...It was raining yesterday when we I walked him in the morning. I came back all wet and had to change, blow dry my hair, put new make up and leave for work.

We had to pet proof the house. Crazy, right?!?!? We never went overboard with child proofing the house since miss A was really good with not touching breakable stuff around the house. And now, we pretty much pet proofed the house.

Today he'll be home by himself until miss A and I will be back (around 6:30). I hope I won't find any accidents in the kitchen. I hope it'll be easy to load miss A and Mickey and take him for his evening walk. I hope they won't pull me in different directions. And finally, I hope it won't be too dark on the street since we don't live in the greatest neighborhood.

Lastly, I know I am being selfish here but I am not sure if I can take it all. I still want to enjoy my evening at the playground if the weather permits and not rush home to walk Mickey. Every time I look at him, I feel like he deserves more than what we can give him. I really hope we can find a good home for him and he'll get all the care and attention he deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment