Monday, October 15, 2012

It Is October Already

Does time fly or what? The days just pass me by, turn into weeks, and then months.

Miss A will be three next month. I can't wrap my head around this. She is such a big girl and fun to be around with. We can hold real conversation with her. She gets our jokes and comes up with her own too. She'll say "Naaahhh" when she knows I am joking with her.

Miss A was I would say about 90% potty trained as of a few days ago. A few weeks ago she refused to put on a diaper before going to sleep. The husband still wanted her to wear one but I kind of wanted her to be in control of this whole potty training thing and figure things out for herself, instead of pushing her. Well, as of a few days ago, she refused to pee in the morning  all day long and I had to change her underwear quite a few times. I don't get it! Honestly, it was all going fine except with #2 (she still holds it for a few days, wears a diaper to poo, and then all smiles after it) and now she is back to wearing diapers throughout the day.

Miss A still goes to bed pretty late, or maybe I just think that it is late. I mean 9:30-10pm is pretty late for a toddler, especially since mommy has to do some work around the house after she goes to bed. The night routine is still the same. I sit next to her until she falls asleep. We'll talk a little bit but then I say that we need to close our eyes and most of the times it works. There are other times where she just doesn't want to sleep. A few weeks ago, she stayed till 12:30am telling us stories and making up stuff. It is cute and stuff but what about SLEEP?!?!? The last time it happened, I just went to take a shower and then went to bed where she started asking me all kind of funny questions. How can I keep a straight face even though I was cranky? "Mommy, why do you take a shower ever day?", "Why do you get dirty so often?", "I don't get dirty and don't need a shower. Daddy doesn't need a shower"? and on and on she would go :)

We bought a Toy Story themed domino's and the kid knows how to play. It is the funniest thing to see her play and think. She'll tell us if we missed something and she'll point us in the right direction.
She'll say whose turn it is to go. She loves to win and hates to lose. She makes a happy dance and claps her hands if she wins :)

This whole life thing is just happening too fast. I keep telling myself to stop and smell the roses.
I want to enjoy my time with my little lady. There are still times  I feel like I constantly struggle with finding balance with house work, work, being a mother, daughter, wife, and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment