Friday, September 30, 2011

Last Year of the Twenties

The title says it all. I turned 29 on Wednesday and I am not sure how I feel about it. It sounds both old and young. We went to Las Vegas for a few days and my parents joined us as well. Miss A had a blast swimming in the pool and jumping on the wave in the kid's area. She loved the "train" or as grown ups call it, the tram station. She made choo choo sounds while we waited for it to come and waved and kept repeating buh bye (like 50 times) after we reached our destination.

DH and I went to see a show on Monday night and left miss A with my parents. She slept in their room and that was the first night she ever spent without us in her 22 months of life :) I felt a bit guilty leaving her but I knew she was in great hands. Plus, DH and I needed some time for just the two of us. We walked the streets of Las Vegas, grabbed a taxi to the Wynn hotel, ordered some food, and off we went to see one of the greatest shows LV has to offer. We had fun! We laughed, we talked, we held hands, we shared food, we took pictures.....

The day of my actual bday was a bit hectic though. We had to pack and check out from our room by noon. Then we did some shopping and went straight to the airport. By the time we got home, it was already around 9pm and I was exhausted (so much for a little vacation). I unpacked (hate when the luggage sits in the dining/living room), bathed miss A and she finally fell asleep around 10pm. The whole day I kept forgetting that it was my actual bday. In fact, even DH forgot to wish my happy bday in the morning (not cool at all). I did get quite a few calls from my girlfriends wishing me happy bday and that made me feel good. One of the old co-workers emailed me and wished me to make the best of the last year of my twenties. Holy cow! When you make it sound like that, I feel old. There are some things I won't accomplish before turning 30 (like getting my masters, find a better job) but I already have the best things life has to offer and that is MY FAMILY! I am blessed to have them all in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment