Saturday, December 5, 2009

Sunday

Yes, we were still at home and I was still pregnant. I was in such pain that I had to stop during the contractions and bend a little and swing my body from one side to another. I was still timing the cx and they were getting stronger and closer together but still not enough to go to the hospital. We called the hospital twice at that point. I wanted them to tell me to at least go to the hospital and see if my baby girl was doing OK in there. But each time they told me that my contractions had to be 5 minutes apart and lasting for about 45-60 seconds.

We finished installing the car seat in my car, it was the last thing we had to do. Mr. V joked that our baby girl was waiting for us to be all done with the preparations and that she would come out when we were all ready. So, at 1pm we were all ready. My parents were calling us every hour to check how we were doing. Everyone was anxious at that point. My mom was worried and kept telling us to keep calling the hospital and see if they would admit us.

Around 3pm my cx were about 6-7 minutes apart and lasting for about 40-70 seconds. We called the hospital again and this time they said we could come in! I really wanted them to monitor me and tell me that our baby was doing OK. I wasn't hoping that they would admit us and I was already mentally preparing myself for the inducement the next day.

We got to the hospital at 3:30pm but left the bags in the car, since I was sure they would send us home. The nurse put the external monitors on me and checked me and I was 3cm dilated. I coudln't believe it. After 20 minutes, she said my cx are about 5 minutes apart and that they were getting the room ready for us. Mr. V kept asking the nurse if we came at the right time or we should've waited a little longer. The nurse informed us that some people come a little later and some come when they feel the first contraction and not even dilated. At that point, I wasn't listening to what they were saying and could honestly careless :) I was excited, scared, shocked, anxious at the same time. I coudln't believe we were so close to meeting our baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment