Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mother's Day

To tell you the truth, I was a bit disappointed that day. I got up early to pump and feed Miss A breakfast. I didn't mind it at all. I got to spend time with her. I changed her and fed her breakfast. We played in her room quitly and then prepared breakfast for adults. Mr. V woke up and totally forgot that it was Mother's Day. As he was holding A, she kind of hit him in the arm. It was a perfect place for me to say "that is right A, I should punch daddy also for not remembering that it is Mother's day". He had that look on his face, you know which one I talk about. Oh crap, I f***ed up. He leaned and kissed me on the cheeck. That is right, no flowers, no surprise, and no gift (I picked out a purse a week before and he got it for me, but I was still thinking I would get something else. I am so naive). I don't know if it should make me feel better or not, but he totally forgot to congratulate his mom with this special holiday. Yeap, he talked to her in the morning and had to call back after I told him about me punching him :).

Apparently, hubbs was tired that day, so he decided to take a nap. Really? I thought it was my day to relax! I escaped to the grocery store, since my brother decided to have a gathering at his house. And get this, it was a potluck, so all couples had to bring something. I was pissed thinking that my mom and other women have to cook instead of taking time for themselves.

I did manage to get a mani/pedi that day, which I desperately needed since I started wearing open toe shoes.

I was upset that Mr. V didn't put any effort into making my first Mother's day special. But I think he also gets some credit because we never had this holiday back in former USSR. At the end of the day though, I realized that I don't need any surprises. I don't need any luxury gifts and attention from the hubby. It made me realize that I already had the most amazing gift in the whole wide world who melts my heart with her adorable smile. I think in the future, I'll be spending more time with my jewel during that holiday instead of taking time for myself. I'll be celebrating with her. After all, I am a mother because of her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment